If you’ve ever wanted a more brilliant and dazzling smile - now is the time to act.
Don’t get caught up with the venue, menus and forget the only lasting memories- your photos. No doubt you’ll be smiling all day long on your big day – it’s one of the happiest days of your life after all
How to smile with confidence on your wedding day with a whiter brighter smile
- Visit your dentist to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy for you wedding day.
- Fix broken teeth with tooth coloured fillings that match your own teeth even at the back of the mouth. Fillings should not only be functional, but also natural looking. Many people don’t want silver fillings that show when they laugh or smile.
- Consider teeth whitening.
You have two options for whitening-
Home Whitening:At the initial consultation the dentist will examine your teeth and advise you whether whitening is right for you.The dentist will take impressions of your teeth to make your bleaching trays and provide you with the whitening gel. It is essential that you get your whitening gel from the dentist, as too high a concentration will damage your teeth. You need to sleep with the mould for 2 weeks or until you are happy with the colour of your teeth.
Enlighten bleaching:This requires you to first undertake home whitening and then have a dental appointment where the dentist will apply a higher concentration of the whitening gel. The appointment will take an hour and guarantees to leave you with brighter and whiter teeth. “Enlighten” and was voted the best tooth-whitening product in 2012.
- If discoloured front teeth are making you reluctant to smile ask the dentist about veneers. In just two visits veneers can be matched to your other teeth and you can smile with confidence on your wedding day.
- Choose a lipstick to make your teeth appear whiter
*Choose blue-based formulas over orange-y reds.
Stick with cool undertones rather than coral or orange.
When in doubt, go with a berry hue.
* Source http://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/tips/a26523/lipstick-shades-that-make-teeth-look-whiter/
- Be natural.
Smile gently. Your face will look relaxed with your mouth slightly open and your lower lip matching the curve of your upper teeth.
Your perfect smile might not happen overnight. Try out your grin in front of a mirror before your wedding day.
You can also play around with turning your head and finding your best angle and see how it looks and feels when you hold your shoulders back proudly and strike a natural smile.